I am currently a Visiting Assistant Professor at Stanford University and Research Group Leader at CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security. Prio to that, I was a PostDoc at CISPA supervised by Prof. Michael Backes. I obtained my Ph.D. degree from Zhejiang University, China, on Sept. 2019 (co-supervised by Prof. Jiming Chen and Prof. Shibo He). From Oct. 2017 to May 2019, I was a visiting scholar at Purdue University under the supervision of Prof. Ninghui Li. I obtained my Bachelor degree on June 2014 from Shandong University, China.
My recent research concentrates on differential privacy, machine learning privacy and their interactions. Concretely, I am interested in applying differential privacy (as well as local differential privacy) to enhance privacy for different data analysis tasks. Besides, I am also interested in evaluating the privacy risks of machine learning models (e.g., membership inference, property inference, etc), and defending these potential threats using differential privacy.
- [April 2022] One paper titled “Graph Unlearning” got accepted in ACM CCS 2022!
- [April 2022] One paper titled “Finding MNEMON: Reviving Memories of Node Embeddings” got accepted in ACM CCS 2022!
- [March 2022] I will join the TPC of PoPETS 2023!
- [January 2022] I will join the TPC of ESORICS 2022!
- [November 2021] I won the Nomination Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis of Zhejiang Province! [Link]
- [September 2021] One paper titled “ML-Doctor: Holistic Risk Assessment of Inference Attacks Against Machine Learning Models” got accepted in USENIX Security 2022!
- [August 2021] One paper titled “When Machine Unlearning Jeopardize Privacy” got accepted in CCS 2021!
- [July 2021] One paper titled “Continuous Release of Data Streams under both Centralized and Local Differential Privacy” got accepted in CCS 2021!
- [July 2021] One paper titled “Inference Attacks Against Graph Neural Networks” got accepted in USENIX Security 2022!
- [July 2021] I won the Nomination Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis of Zhejiang University! [Link]
- [June 2021] One paper titled “DPSyn: Experiences in the NIST Differential Privacy Data Synthesis Challenges” got accepted in JPC!
- [May 2021] One paper titled “AHEAD: Adaptive Hierarchical Decomposition for Range Query under Local Differential Privacy” got accepted in CCS 2021!
- [April 2021] I will join the TPC of PoPETS 2022!
- [December 2020] One paper titled “PrivSyn: Differentially Private Data Synthesis” got accepted in USENIX Security 2021!
- [November 2019] I joined CISPA as a PostDoc!
- [September 2019] I obtained my Ph.D. degree!
- [May 2019] We won the second prize of the Differentially Private Synthetic Dataset Challenge hosted by NIST!